Saturday, January 28, 2012

(Re) Joining The Club

Once upon a time my room-mate convinced me that I should blog.  She said I would become addicted to sharing my thoughts with the world.  She also convinced me to join facebook.  I  became addicted to both. ;)  After a few years my blog started to grow more recognizable than I was comfortable with. I tried to keep it anonymous but that was harder and harder to maintain.  I didn't want the people in my life to feel like their trust had been in any way compromised, so I took down my blog.  I intended to sort through it all - removing the birth stories for my own records only, reposting the eductational and informative stuff.  But as it turns out I accidentally deleted the whole thing.  All 5 years disappeared in one inadvertent keystroke.  *sigh*

Well, what's done is done.  I left the world of blogging altogether.  I married Nathan.  Moved from Cobourg to Brighton.  Quit my job at Northumberland  YFC.   Started doing postpartum doula work and teaching private childbirth education alongside being a birth doula. Gave birth to Levi Nathaniel. Began studying the use of herbs and aromatherapy more formally through Birth Arts International.  Let go of my birth doula certification with DONA International and began certifying through Birth Arts International instead. Was offered the opportunity to guest post on a colleagues blog. Realized I really missed having my own blog.  Started thinking about what my new blog could look like.....

And so here we are.  I begin again.  Posting about whatever things cross my path, that catch my eye.  Mostly things related to the world of birth, natural health, herbs, being a wife & mother.

In the meantime, to get things started, I've moved over a few work-related posts from my website. I'm excited to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will appear as soon as I've reviewed it to ensure it isn't spam!