Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Where Did My Mind Go?

I forgot a rather important task at work last week.  I was supposed to pick up the Annual Reports from the local printers so they could be distributed on Sunday.  At 10:30pm Saturday night I realized I hadn't done it.  Don't get me wrong - I love being a mother - and please don't be offended if you're one of those moms who has it all together - but I kinda feel like becoming a mom has made me 'stoopid'.

There is so much more whirring around in my brain now, and less sleep, and I can't resort to caffeine or ginseng to keep me alert....  Just when I'm about to return that phone call, Levi needs a diaper change.  When I'm about to place that order of herbal supplies, Levi needs to eat. When I'm supposed to pick up the report at the printer, Levi falls asleep in the carseat so I opt to drive straight home so as not to disturb him - completely forgetting that I was supposed to stop at the printers on the way home from a client meeting. And on it goes.  I've heard that being a mother doesn't actually make you stoopid - your brain just re-prioritizes what information is important and mother-baby stuff trumps everything else. I think I'm gonna stick with that theory.  ;) It makes me feel better.



2 comments:

  1. Just imagine how much worse if it would be were you to forget things the other way around! Like forgetting to feed Levi or change him! I think your mind knows that these things are of utmost importance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really good way to look at it Naomi!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will appear as soon as I've reviewed it to ensure it isn't spam!